An intranet is a company’s private network used to share information, news, and resources with their staff. When used properly, it can improve internal communications and increase productivity. We typically recommend this private network to larger companies with multiple locations across cities, states or countries. Here, they can have immediate access to internal applications that they use for their job every day.
In addition, departments can post announcements, events, documents, and much more. This helps to keep staff informed and involved across the miles. While there are some out-of-the-box options available, they may not exactly meet your needs. That’s when you call Stanton Street to create an intranet built directly to your specifications.
First, do you need an intranet?
Most small businesses under 200 – 500 employees don’t need one. As previously mentioned, intranets mostly benefit larger corporations with several employees across multiple locations and time zones.
“Design, development, customization, maintenance, and governance are required elements for any intranet design” and a well-built intranet can:
- Increase productivity by incorporating quick links and tools. As a result, these features allow your staff to easily get to where they need to go. Yay productivity!
- Engage your staff by delivering relevant, timely information. This includes news, recognitions, and event RSVPs.
- Simplify onboarding with organizational charts, directories, and company news. This can help new hires get acclimated faster.
- Store brand logos, company guidelines, and mission statements to keep your staff on brand.
- Build morale and increase productivity by recognizing star employees and building company culture.
Our intranets allow you to share information with everyone in your company. In addition, employee intranets can serve as a central location to store important information. This also allows your organization to go paperless which can save you a good chunk of change on printing supplies.
A few of our standard features include:
- Content Management System (CMS) – simply drag and drop images and documents onto a page.
- User-friendly interface – give users the ability to jump right in to get their work done.
- Focused Information & Structure – ease confusion with a structured hierarchy.
- Analytics – find out what is working and not working immediately with analytics reports.
Custom functionalities are beneficial since they focus on exactly what your employees need. From clocking in and out to managing purchasing documentation, we’re able to program what you need.
For instance, we can program custom functionalities such as:
- Employee Clock In/Clock Out
- Employee Action Items
- Job Openings, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Announcements
- News and Events Display with RSVP Feature
- Employee Quick Link Customizations
- Employee Directory
- Document Repository
- Vendor Documentation and RFP Management
- Human Resource Information and Packets
- Frequently Asked Questions
Our experienced staff has developed intranet systems for a wide array of businesses which have benefited from a custom-built structure. If you’d like to get started, fill out our contact form or call us at (915) 351-8440.
Naomi Dhillon is a Marketing Technologist at Stanton Street, a web design and development company in El Paso, TX.
Naomi attended New Mexico State University graduating with a B.A. in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in English. She also has an A.S. in graphic design.
About Stanton Street
We help organizations amplify their online presence by building engaging websites, creating successful digital marketing campaigns, and tackling the <$%^#/>, so they can build their brand, grow their business, and reach their full potential.